- Birthdays---He would take us somewhere special for lunch or have a surprise party for the employee in the office.
- Holidays---We received one rose each on Valentine’s Day with a card and a box of candy for each of us. On Mother’s Day he let us leave early to shop for our mothers---that was appreciated by us. And, he did the same for Father’s Day. Thanksgiving he gave us hams or baskets of fruits and nuts. Halloween he allowed us to dress in costumes it was an individual choice, but I enjoyed seeing others in their Halloween costumes, and sometimes I did join the fun. Christmas we drew names and had a Christmas Party at his home or in the office on Christmas Eve.
- When we had staff meetings he ordered out for lunch to be delivered. And, this was appreciated; especially by the mothers with children to dress, feed and drive to school or the babysitter’s early in the morning. He understood how employees with children spent hours of rushing around before they clocked in for their jobs.
- I did not have children so I had no idea about being a mother and how much they appreciated their jobs because when their babies were sick he understood, and helped if he could.
- He gave us movie tickets, tickets to the local plays, special events in the city, and discount tickets on lunch. On our Employee Anniversaries he took us to dinner with our husbands or special someone.
© BEPH 2014 All Rights Reserved